Saturday 20 July 2013

Day 1 - Saturday 20 July

I have had a lovely day on the coast starting at 6.00 and covering 25.25 miles.  There has been a very welcome cooling breeze which took the edge off the temperature except for the last 20 minutes when I lost the sea breeze. 

Alfie joined me for the first 6 miles, then Alan picked him up at Rame Head.  I got to Portwrinkle before the cafe was open so ate an energy bar on a bench instead.  I stopped at a lovely little cafe in Looe (Daisys) for an early lunch at about 11.00 and then met Alan at Talland, finishing at about 1pm.  The views all day were amazing.  We are staying at a pub at Pelynt tonight.

I did learn one thing and that was to check the Coastal footpath website for closures - the path was closed after Seaton which meant a long stretch and a big hill on the road. and an additional half mile or so in distance

According to the guide books, I cover the 2 hardest parts on the South Cornwall coast tomorrow.  I also have my first ferry crossing from Polruan to Fowey.
Sunrise

Ready for the off at Cremyll

How long is that tongue?

Looking west towards Whitsand

Looe

Almost there for the day

Looking back - you can just see Rame head

No comments:

Post a Comment