Thursday 25 July 2013

Day 6 - Thursday 25 July

23.7 miles from Perranuthnoe to Sennen Cove. A fantastic day!

Strange to be by myself today after company for the last 3 days.  I did however have Alfie for company for the first 9 miles, he was not very talkative though.  The first 9 miles were flat and I managed to run a fair bit.  I then passed our hotel and dropped Alfie back to Alan.  I walked literally all of the remaining miles, the terrain was quite rough and included some scrambling through granite boulders in places.  I was down to 25 minute miles a couple of times!  I don't know what Jo, Richard and Dave are going to think of my slow pace when they join me over the next few days - my running legs have definitely left me but I can stride out really well!

The scenery today was again stunning.  From Porthgwarra to just before Land's End in particular it was amazing - lovely granite cliffs, sandy beaches and clear torquise blue sea.  Places for lunch were not plentiful and I ended up with a sausage roll at Porthgwarra.

Alan met me at Sennen, he had scrambled down to a dog friendly beach with Alfie and then they had been to Cape Cornwall .

Looking forward to another lovely meal at the hotel this evening. I must stock up on fuel as tomorrow's walk to St Ives will be remote with literally nowhere for refreshments.  The scenery should be good though.
View of Mount's Bay

Almost inmpossible to spot the path after some scrmabling

A spot of woodland

Penberth

Beautiful granite cliffs

Around the corner - crowds at Land's End

No comments:

Post a Comment