Saturday 27 July 2013

Day 8 - Saturday 27 July

23.9 miles from Lelant to Trevaunance (near St Agnes).

Another excellent day on the coast. My running friend Jo and her Springer Katera joined me today.  Weather just right.    After a frustrating start trying to find our way through the Towans (sandhills), the day was a lovely mixture of good cliff top paths sprinkled with a few steep valleys. I ran much more than I have for several days and we made good time.  I have to say that I was so glad to have company through the Towans otherwise I may still have been there trying to find my way out!  Thank you, Jo.

My aunt and uncle met us at St Agnes Head and walked a little way with us.  At the end at Trevaunance Cove we had a family gathering with my Mum, Alan, my aunt and Uncle, 2 cousins and their families. Lovely to see them all.

Just as we were finishing we could see ahead to Trevose Head which I will hopefully reach on Monday - it seemed a long way off.  I should be joined by some friends tomorrow afternoon at Mawgan Porth.

Staying at my Mum's tonight and going out for a meal.  Sarah and Mike are joining us this evening and Sarah will very kindly give my legs a well deserved
Safely out of the Towans

Godrevy Lighthouse

Steep hill

Another steep hill

Jo and Katera

Me and Katera, Chapel Porth in background

Beaches merging into one

The way forward for tomorrow
massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment