Sunday 21 July 2013

Day 2 - Sunday 21 July

Another lovely day on the coast with lots of stunning scenery especially between Polperro and Fowey.  I think I covered about 27 miles but the battery on my GPS gave up at 24.5 miles.  A slower day as I walked a lot, finishing in Mevagissey.

Generally the day was more eventful than yesterday:

  • I had to make a diversion to avoid a cow and her calf which were blocking the path.  I then realised there was also a bull in the field.
  • I lost the path at Par - not a very nice part of the path which ended up on the main road
  • I saw a bracken fire at Black Head - there was a fire engine in the middle of a field
  • I had my first ferry ride from Polruan to Fowey the nice 'driver' of the boat donated my fare to Breast Cancer Campaign
  • I went through Daphne Du Maurier country and passed the edge of Menabilly where she lived
  • Oh and I fell over and added some more grazes - I now have matching elbows
  • A lovely lady in a cafe in Charlestown took pity on me (due to elbow) and gave me £5 for the charity
My lovely friends Sarah an Mike came down from Launceston this evening so that Sarah could give me a leg massage.  We then went and had fish and chips.

Tomorrow I will be joined by my running friend Pete, I aim to reach Falmouth

1 comment:

  1. Good to read your progress Julie. It sounds fun, almost makes me want to do it too...! Hope you continue to enjoy it and meet more kind people along the way. Claire K x

    ReplyDelete